For many students, today begins college graduation weekend! Finding a gift that is perfect for your college graduate can be tough. However, furniture would be the perfect gift! Think about it. They are returning home (or to their new apartment!) after college. They have not lived in their home bedroom for over four years. After all of their hard work and dedication they put forth during their college years, their room or apartment deserves a redesign!
Let’s take a look at 5 perfect furniture gifts for the college graduate!
1. Queen Sized Bed. Most dorm rooms are furnished with a twin size bed. After being stuck on a small mattress for four years, give them the gift of a larger bed! Let them pick out the style and accessories that they want with it. This is most likely their first bedroom set so chances are they will like it better if you have them tag along with you when it’s time to purchase it.
2. Luxury Mattress. Like we said before, a twin mattress can be rough, especially if your college graduate is on the taller side! Give them the gift of a comfortable night’s sleep! They deserve it after pulling so many “all-nighters!”
3. Sofa. Final exams just ended and it is time for your recent college graduate to relax and catch up on movies or TV shows that they have been missing out on. Reward them with a new, comfortable and functional sofa! Here at Kensington, a design consultant can help you and your recent college graduate customize the sofa to your liking!
4. Entertainment Center. They just got done with four years of intense studying and education. Let them enjoy some down time by watching their television that is held by their new entertainment center! Entertainment centers are not just for televisions anymore. Your college graduate will be able to store their game system, blue-ray player and DVR all in one area!
5. Kensington Gift Card. Last but not least, your college graduate definitely needs a Kensington gift card. Why? Because then they can pick out their own furniture… with your help, of course!
To learn more about specific furniture pieces that you could give as a gift to your college graduate, contact a design consultant today!