"A design isn't finished until somebody is using it." - Brenda Laurel
Home design has been a huge trend for some time now. The thing with home design is that a little inspiration can take you a long way! A lot of our customers come in to our store with great ideas but they have no idea how to execute them. That is where our design consultants come in. Click here to learn more about them! Whether it is your hobby, your wish or your profession, everyone has a little room for improvement when it comes to design. You must love what you are doing and LOVE what you are designing!
Do you need a little inspiration to get started on your design project? Check out the list below that outlines the five things you need to know about interior design!
1. Reaching out of your comfort zone can create surprising designs. Are you normally the type of person who follows the latest fashion trends or do you like to make up your own? Don’t just step out of your comfort zone, REACH out of it! The end result will surprise you.
2. Personalizing your space gives it life. People will recognize the beauty of your home with or without personalization. However, adding a personalized touch will make your home more “livable.” Add a few family pictures or antiques from your Grandparents. Your space is not a hotel room. We must remember that even though you want to make your room stylish, it still functions as a place where you relax and catch up with your family on a daily basis.
3. Don’t sacrifice comfort for style. Wow, that sofa is gorgeous AND stylish. But, is it comfortable? Buying an uncomfortable piece of furniture means that it is a waste of your money because no one is going to use it. It could be the most stylish piece of all time but if you can’t use it in your home, don’t go for it!
4. Less is more. Keep your room simple and don’t overcrowd your space! You can always add more if needed. Try to spread accents and accessories throughout the room.
5. There is always help, if needed. Don't be shy to ask for help. It might be just what you need to get back on track. Our design consultants are always here to help you if you need it. We also have an in-store stylist that will be able to guide you during your design project. They are always taking appointments if you would like 1 on 1 assistance with your home design!
Do you have any tips you would like to give our hopeful interior designers? Comment below to join the conversation!