Baseball season is here again! Spring Training is officially over and today is the Opening Day of the 2014 season. This means that you will have more time to yourself! What will you do with all of the extra hours your husband will be giving you (because he will be busy watching his favorite baseball team on television)?! When you have run out of your own options, take a look at our recommendations: 6 things to do while your husband is watching baseball!
1. Give your old furniture a makeover. Go on Pinterest and search for some DIY projects that you can do while you are waiting for the Phillies to beat the Rangers. Do you have an old furniture piece in your house that you are thinking about selling during your next yard sale or even throwing away?! Don’t throw your old furniture to the curb. Give it a makeover! Paint it, distress it, rebuild it. Be creative.. you will be surprised at what a little makeover can do!
2. Clean your furniture. No one likes to clean, but someone has got to do it! Use this downtime to clean and dust your furniture. Get ready for your next party or just simply tidy up your home.
3. Design your furniture. You’re no woodworker, but you would love to build your own furniture. Click here to check out the Canadel Furniture UDesign Tool. You can use it to create your own custom furniture for your dining room. Still looking for more ways to design online? Click here to play around with our room planner. You can design your entire house and play around with different styles and designs of your favorite furniture pieces.
4. Get inspired for your next redesign project. Inspiration can come from anywhere. While you have some down time, lay on your most comfortable recliner or chaise lounge and look for some inspiration. Read up on your favorite blogs. Flip through your favorite magazine. Think about what type of design project you would like to do next. You will have all of this free time to yourself now that baseball is back in season. Use your extra time to be productive and give your entire home a makeover!
5. Accessorize your home. Walk around your house and look for items that could be displayed throughout your home. Decorate your home with accents that go well with the current season. Do you have a bunch of little items that you have been collecting to make a scrapbook? Sit at your dining table or on the floor in your living room and start creating the perfect scrapbook to display on your mantel!
6. Go shopping. Well, after completing steps 1 through 5 I think it is safe to say that there is only one thing left to do. Grab your purse, your car keys and leave your husband to baseball and the television. Head out to the nearest local furniture store and go shopping!
If you are like myself and love baseball just as much as the next guy, multi-task and complete steps 1 through 6 all while watching the baseball game. Thank goodness for online shopping!
If you would like to learn more about how you can accessorize your home, how you can design your new furniture or about any of the previously mentioned places, contact a design consultant today! Are you obsessed with baseball design? Click here to read our "Designs for Derek Jeter (And Other Baseball Enthusiasts!) blog.