According to a United Nation study, out of the world’s estimated 7 billion people, 6 billion have cell phones. That means that more people have cell phones than toilets! Cell phones have grown to be an important part of an American’s life. Why not use it when designing and decorating your home? The design consultants here at Kensington Furniture came up with 6 ways to use your cell phone to decorate your home. Check them out!
1. Take Pictures. Take pictures of your home design and when you are out shopping, compare and contrast what will look good in your home! For example, if you are looking for an accent chair to accompany your sofa, take a picture of your sofa and when shopping, compare possible chairs to your picture. This is a great way to assure that the furniture piece you are going to purchase will fit perfectly in your home and with your current design!
2. Call for advice. Call your friends. Call your family. Call your local furniture store! If you are looking for a certain item and are wondering how it will look in your home, pick up your cell phone and call a design consultant for advice.
3. Shop. Pick up your phone and do some online shopping for home accents and accessories! Are you bored at the doctor’s office? Maybe you are looking for something to do while running on the treadmill? Check out popular shopping websites or applications on your phone! Multitask and start shopping on your cell phone!
4. Send Pictures. While you are out shopping or looking for inspiration in a magazine, take a picture and send it to your friends. Ask for their opinion on how the item will look in your home. Ask them if it is a good color or if it will match with your current color scheme.
5. Take Videos. Our design consultants love videos! Taking a video of your space that you wish to design is an awesome way to show what you have to work with. Take a video and bring it into our store. Show it to a design consultant and work with them to come up with your dream design!
6. Post to Social Media. Want more than one opinion? Take a picture with your cell phone and post it on social media. Ask your friends or followers for their advice when it comes to your home design. Chances are you will gather some great advice from a bunch of your friends!
If you would like to learn more about home design, contact one of our design consultants! They can guide you through your interior design adventure and provide you with the advice you need to get it finished!
Have you used your cell phone for help when decorating your home? Comment below to join the conversation!