“Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'"
- Robin Williams
Spring has sprung! Today is the first day of spring and here at Kensington Furniture, we have been preparing for some time now. Spring is the perfect season to give your home a fresh, new look. Add elaborate color, energetic patterns and living accents to your home to transition it into spring. Your home needs a good spring cleaning. Why not redecorate while you are at it? The weather is warmer, there is more sunlight during the day because of daylight savings time and you are more energized because of the smell of blooming flowers.
Let us help you with your spring decorating. For some inspiration, let’s take a look at 8 spring decorating tips!
1. Add spring color to your space. Decorating with spring colors such as pastels and bright colors will bring out a spring mood in everyone that enters your home and sees your design. The natural sunlight will reflect off of these items and the room itself will be brighter.
2. Bring out the color in your furniture. What is the easiest way to do this? Add accent pillows and throw blankets to your sofa. Add colorful accent pieces to your dining room table. Hang colorful picture frames and other accents on your walls.
3. Give something old a makeover. Find an old piece of furniture that you are tired off and give it a new look. Paint an old desk or spray paint an old chandelier. Invite your friends over and have a craft day. You can find some pretty old but unique items at yard or estate sales. These items would be the perfect craft project for an April showers afternoon.
4. Add a modern piece to your spring design. Mix it up a little. Once you’re done adding color and different designs to your space, add something modern. A metal or glass table can do the trick. This will make the room look less formal and more inviting to your guests. Sometimes a perfectly decorated room can scare off your friends and they might not want to relax in that room because it is too tidy. Make sure your room is inviting.
This desk got a home makeover from our store stylist, Carolyn!
5. Use something real. Using a natural and living piece to decorate with is an excellent spring idea. Fresh flowers and potted plants bring oxygen and excitement to a room. Do you want to teach your children a thing or two about responsibility? Have them water your plant or change the water in your vase as one of their weekly chores.
6. Hang colorful mirrors. Colorful mirrors not only act as a place for you to check your makeup or your hair, but they also act as wall décor. Don’t limit your wall décor to picture frames and shelves. Get creative. Add a few abstract pieces to surprise your guests.
7. Add some patterned pillows. If your sofa is a neutral color but you still want to bring out the spring in your design, adding a few patterned pillows will brighten up your living room. Brightly colored and elaborate patterned pillows are popular year round.
8. Don’t forget about the Pantone color of the year. Include some radiant orchid colors in your design. The color looks great with other bright colors or in a neutral colored room. After all, radiant orchid is the Pantone color of the year! Click here to learn more about how you can incorporate Radiant Orchid into your home design.
What advice would you give to our readers who are looking to redecorate for the spring season? If you would like additional help when it comes to designing your home with a spring vibe, contact a design consultant who will provide you with some more guidance and advice!