How exciting! You just redesigned your kitchen! You can hardly wait to utilize your new “eat in” kitchen but you have to furnish it before you invite all of your friends over to see your final project. You have purchased your kitchen table but are stuck when it comes to deciding on bar stools for your counter.
Bar stools are made for socializing, eating and drinking. They add creativity and personality to your home. How can you make sure you are purchasing the perfect bar stool for your home? Let us help you. We came up with 8 tips that you can use when you are ready to dive in and purchase the bar stool of your dreams. Good luck and happy bar stooling!
1. Don’t mix and match bar stools. Some people think that it is a cool look to mix and match bar stools. It might be a cool look for your local bar but you want to keep it simple in your kitchen.
2. Don’t like what you see at stores? Create your own. Many bar stool companies and vendors have the ability to let you customize your new chair or in this instance, a bar stool. CLICK HERE to use the Canadel Furniture U-Design tool to create your new bar stool today.
3. Keep your measurements in mind. Make sure that you know the exact height of your island in your kitchen before you order any bar stools. Measure the height from the floor to the bottom of your counter top. Your family and guests need to be able to get their knees under the table and have extra room to be comfortable.
4. Choose a stool with a footrest. A stool with a footrest will be way more comfortable for your guests. A footrest takes the pressure off of your hips, knees and even your feet. Having your feet dangling in their air will become very uncomfortable, very fast.
5. Choose a stool with back support. Functionality is key when it comes to bar stools. Don’t settle for an uncomfortable bar stool. Your family, friends and children will be sitting on these chairs and you want them to be comfortable doing so. Back support will allow guests to lean back and socialize without having to hunch over the table for support. Uncomfortable bar stools are a waste of money since no one will be sitting on them for that long!
6. Choose padding. Padding on the seat will make the bar stool even more comfortable. If you are having a dinner party and your friends are sitting on the stools, you want to make sure they are comfortable sitting there for a while.
7. Protect your new flooring. Put padding on the bottom of the legs on the stools to protect your flooring, whether it is new or not! Your kids could be sliding these stools back and forth and you don’t want them to scratch your floors.
8. Get the right amount. Don’t get too many, or too few bar stools. Measure your space and the chair to make sure you can fit the perfect amount. You don’t want people sitting too close but you also want to utilize the space that you have.
Do you have any additional tips you would like to add for those who are looking for the perfect bar stool? Comment below to join the conversation! If you are interested in new bar stools for your home but don't know where to begin your search, contact us and we will send you additional information via email!