Your dining room is used for entertaining your family and your friends. Why not spice it up to its maximum potential to make sure that the room is both inviting and comfortable? To spice up your dining room, follow the 5 easy steps listed below!
1. Add a bench. Adding a dining bench to your dining room set can totally change the look and style of the entire piece. If you are the type of person that is more comfortable sitting in a seat with back support, there are plenty dining benches that come with the back of the chair as well. A popular and increasing trend is including a bench on one side of the table and chairs on the other. If you include a bench, you can fit three people on that side of the table rather than just two people if you had chairs. If you would like additional comfort options for your dining bench, choose one that has an upholstered seat cushion. By using a bench, you can save space and eliminate the bulk of extra chairs on that particular side of the table. Benches are also a great seating option for older children!
2. Mix and Match dining chairs. According to New York interior designer Vicente Wolf, “There's nothing as boring as a table surrounded by chairs that all look alike." Mixing dining chairs creates a whole new look in your dining room. Choose one seat style for the head of the table and another to line the sides. Make sure that you choose chairs that are similar or have a common element. You can also alternate between upholstered and wooden chairs to create a more diverse look to your dining set.
3. Get creative with fabric. Use elaborate and colorful fabrics for your upholstered dining chairs. If you would like to create a more traditional and laid back environment in your dining room, stay with neutral colors for your upholstered chairs. Upholstered chairs are often more comfortable because they provide more comfortable seating options such as padded seats.
4. Add height. Are you tired of the traditional dining room set? Switch things up and choose a bar height dining set. Once you choose your table, the next important task is to choose which bar stools you would like. The trick to choosing the perfect bar height dining table is choosing a set that you feel is the most comfortable. Click here to learn more about choosing the perfect bar stool.
5. Accessorize. Your dining room is for entertaining your friends and family. Don’t let it be boring! Make sure your dining room is inviting and comfortable. Include personal and family accessories such as pictures. Hang wall art that reflects your family and your personality. Purchase accent furniture pieces such as small chests or shelves to display pictures and other items. Last but not least, never let your table be plain. Always display some sort of item on your table when it is not in use such as a small plant, a basket of fresh fruit or a vase of flowers.
Can't seem to find a dining style that you like? Use the UDesign tool from Canadel Furniture to customize every aspect of your dining room!